We are seeking an editor to oversee digital-first content for the AIR International content hub, alongside a specific focus on AIR International monthly magazine and its companion brands, Air Traffic Management and Airports International.
Reporting to the head of creative, you will be responsible for ensuring content is on-schedule, within budget and provides a good basis for advertising and other revenue-generating metrics. You will support the commercial strategy of the advertising team and develop a joined-up approach to drive new income.
A strong understanding of the global aviation sector is critical to success in this role.
Home working will be considered for this role but some travel to the office in Stamford, Lincolnshire will be required.
Key accountabilities / responsibilities
- Maintain good communication with all relevant internal departments
- Oversee the costing and payment of contributors and arrange for safe return of material upon production/rejection
- Improve the quality and range of contributor material
- Maintain/oversee relevant budgets
- Advertising performance
- Plan/maintain/control/monitor content creation to ensure despatch on designated deadlines to distinct platforms
- Assess manuscripts/other contributions and ascertain their suitability or need for further research/photography/other images for use
- Proactively support and attend shows, events and other related activities as appropriate to the development of the brand
- Plan/maintain/control/monitor content creation across the group to ensure maximum efficiency of output against defined objectives, maximising all differentiation to make each brand distinct in its market
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good working knowledge of current word processing and content management programmes
- Strong specialist knowledge
- Ability to create accessible, impactful content, in line with the audience profile and with adherence to agreed style and format
- Thorough knowledge of publishing and the law, especially relating to libel; ascertaining copyright and breaching thereof
- Appreciation of what constitutes good illustration/design
- Print craft skills, digital skills and social media expertise
- Strong news sense
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
Please click 'Apply Online' below.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position