Are you an experienced editor keen to develop and grow a leading publication?
Rapid News Group, based in the North West, is looking for an experienced editor to oversee the print and digital content of one of its industry-leading titles.
You should possess a solid understanding of trade magazine publishing and be able to write engaging content. The title is aimed at the plastics processing industry, but prior knowledge of this market is not a requirement. The most important thing is a willingness to learn and engage with the sector.
You should also be willing to become a well-known figure within the industry and work closely with the sales team to maximise all commercial opportunities.
You should be full of ideas and have a forward-looking approach to B2B publishing. Comfortable interviewing key industry figures you should also be commercially astute and social media-savvy.
You will be reporting to the Rapid Plastics Media head of content.
Titles published by the company include British Plastics and Rubber, MedTech Innovation and TCT. You will be expected to match the quality of coverage these titles possess.
The role will be office-based with frequent national and international travel expected for editorial coverage of events, exhibitions and conferences.
We welcome applications from candidates with a technical B2B background.
- Take responsibility for print content of the magazine.
- Edit and write up-to-the-minute online content.
- Take charge of all digital content.
- Develop and grow the publication’s social-media strategy, including tracking and reporting on social media outcomes.
- Identify growth opportunities and sectors for the product.
- Commission and edit articles and blogs from external contributors.
- Attend meetings as necessary.
- Gather new industry contacts and feed to sales team.
- Attend key industry exhibitions and trade shows.
- Keep on top of emerging digital media technologies and strategies; propose adoption of new technologies where applicable.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Consistently exceed company expectations.
Ambitious, motivated, self-starter, excellent communication skills.
- Ambitious, focused individual with 3+ years B2B editorial experience.
- Experience in both print and online editing and content creation; digital communications including blogging and social media.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and desire to impact on products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/reporting skills.
- Understanding of the B2B marketplace and relationship with advertising.
- IT skills - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, content management. Experience of Photoshop useful.
- Passionate about editorial and a belief in the value of good content.
- Willingness to travel as a team and solo within the UK, Europe, USA and more.
- Team player with ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and exciting environment.
About Rapid News Group
Rapid News Group (RNG) is a leading international magazine publisher, trade event organiser and digital communications company focused on B2B communications across sectors ranging from plastics to healthcare to 3D printing.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position