Finimize editors make sure everything we publish has a consistent tone of voice, is easy to understand, and is conversational. You will team up with our VP content, analysts, and other editors to create content that is insight-rich and an easy, entertaining read or listen.
You will need eagle-eyed editing skills, a deft ear for rhythm, tone, and flow, and an unflagging ability to explain complex topics simply and concisely.
You will need creative flair, too: we want you to find compelling ways into inert topics, ply your output with a sense of humor, and work closely with every part of the company to delight our audience.
Keep in mind that we do not expect our editors to be financial experts, though the confidence to understand, question, and challenge our analysts is a must.
You will probably have experience as a financial or general copywriter, supervisory analyst, or editor.
Please note, Finimize HQ is based in London but all staff are currently working remotely so we’re open to workers throughout the UK for this role. We anticipate a partial return to our offices in 2022, including for remote workers.
What sets Finimize apart?
- You will work directly with the founding team
- You will work with a team that has a strong track record
- You will make a big impact and an immediate contribution
- You will join a high-growth independent business fueled by the resources and experience of one of the world's largest investment firms
- You will shape our analysts' work into something entertaining, accessible, and pacey, and in doing so help our readers make sense of (and care about) the latest financial goings-on
- You will bring the Finimize style to our daily newsletter, analyst insights, in-app copy, community events, partner ads, marketing emails, and plenty more besides
- You will be doing a lot from scratch too: you’ll work with designers on images, and come up with marketing strategies and copy to support each piece of content you work on across social media and in-app
- You will tweak existing content strategies based on what’s working and what isn’t, and come up with new ways to engage, convert, and impress our readers
Some things we consider critical to being our editor:
- A few years of experience working closely with words, on both short- and long-form content
- Flawless proofreading skills, but flexibility and humility about the rules of language too
- An openness for others to question your work, and the motivation and self-awareness to constantly do the same to yourself
- A willingness to take on a lot of work in a fast-paced startup environment and adapt to the news flow (there are a few late nights during earnings season)
- The ability to operate with and keep to tight deadlines
- The flexibility and intellectual curiosity to get involved in other elements of the content team’s work as required, and in projects across the rest of the company
- The ability to be brief without being curt, smart without being pompous, witty without being cringy
- Excellent communication skills with a mindset for collaboration
Benefits, and perks:
We have a world-class selection of perks and benefits:
- Generous pension (16-18 per cent employer contribution)
- Competitive salary (£30-90k p/a, based on experience) + team goal bonuses
- 40 days' holiday (including public holidays)
- Income protection and life assurance
- A private healthcare plan
- Market-leading parental leave - up to 40 weeks paid
- Your own personal development budget
- Mental health support services
- Donate to charities of your choice through your salary, with a matched £100/month employer contribution
- Financial wellbeing resources including a free one-to-one financial planning meeting. Plus access to our product and in-house financial experts.
- Additional self-funded options including further healthcare packages, travel insurance, legal services
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60 per cent of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So, if you think you have what it takes, but do not necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
How to apply
Send us an email at email@example.com with a brief intro, your CV, and a few examples of your written work.
If your profile is a good fit, we will ask you to complete a preliminary editing test, and then arrange an introductory call to get to know each other better.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position