We are seeking a new editor to join our growing team. Reporting to the head of publishing, you will oversee content creation about buses, an area that Key Publishing Ltd operates in, alongside a specific focus on Buses (a monthly magazine) and associated brands (such as Keybuses.com), producing products and content for them in print and on other platforms.
You will be responsible for ensuring that content created is on-schedule, within budget and provides a good basis for advertising and other revenue-generating metrics.
Home working will be considered but some travel to the office in Stamford, Lincolnshire will be required.
Key accountabilities / responsibilities
- Maintain good communication with all relevant internal departments
- Oversee the costing and payment of contributors and arrange for safe return of material upon production/rejection
- Improve the quality and range of contributor material
- Maintain/oversee relevant budgets
- Plan/maintain/control/monitor content creation to ensure despatch on designated deadlines to distinct platforms
- Assess manuscripts/other contributions and ascertain their suitability or need for further research/photography/other images for use
- Proactively support and attend shows, events and other related activities as appropriate to the development of the brand
- Keep up to date with developments in the subject sector, especially news and trends
- Plan/maintain/control/monitor content creation across the team to ensure maximum efficiency of output against defined objectives, maximising all differentiation to make each brand distinct in its market
- Development of team members
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Good or exceptional subject knowledge
- Experience of writing or editing a product
- Line management experience (direct or indirect)
- Good working knowledge of current word processing and content management programmes
- Good knowledge of publishing and the law, especially relating to libel; ascertaining copyright and breaching thereof
- Print craft skills, digital skills and social media expertise
- Understanding of audience needs and wants from brands and how to meet them
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage a range of skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
If you are up for the challenge we woud love to hear from you!
Please click the 'Apply Online' button below.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position