Editor, European Utilities and Renewables
Location: London, Canary Wharf
The Role: From climate change to cybersecurity to economic growth, the power sector has an enormous impact on society. As an editor with the energy news team, you will deliver fast-paced news, collaborate on in-depth features and help develop our coverage strategy for the fast-changing electric power and renewable energy industries in the Europe. The successful candidate will have sharp news judgement and excellent editing skills.
The Career Opportunity: You will have an opportunity to help expand our European energy news coverage and build readership in the region. This is a new position for the energy team, so your insight will be crucial to defining our coverage and building our team. All editorial roles provide possibilities to move up the career ladder to enable you to take on new and varied responsibilities.
The Team: With more than 300 journalists across five continents, S&P Global Market Intelligence is rapidly growing its coverage of financial and sector news. In this role, you will work closely with a team of two energy reporters based in London while collaborating with other news staff across the globe.
The Impact: Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership that includes electric utilities, the renewable energy supply chain, policymakers as well as many leading financial players.
What’s in it for you:
- Learn about the market dynamics of an important sector.
- Increase your responsibilities, including editorial strategy, mentoring and editorial leadership.
- Be part of a team that has a deep knowledge and passion about the industry sectors it covers.
- Enjoy a casual working environment.
- Edit news articles for accuracy, style and content.
- Adhere to daily and weekly deadlines.
- Shape your team's daily content by developing fresh story ideas and delivering sharp, concise content and prioritizing news coverage.
- Coach and mentor team members.
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years editing experience, 5+ years journalism experience
- Strong editing skills and a strong command of journalistic practices (AP style, libel issues, etc.)
- An affinity for analyzing numbers, using in-house data intelligence, financial reports and other industry information
- Strong communication skills: You will need to be able to deliver feedback effectively to reporters across the globe
- Ability to work independently
- Business journalism experience
- Management experience
- Knowledge of financial market & economic trend analysis
- Experience covering the energy sector
- Experience leading remote teams
- Fluency in English necessary. Knowledge of at least one other major European language is highly desirable
*Candidates selected to move forward will need to pass a writing test.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position