Reuters is looking for an experienced business journalist to run our coverage of finance and markets during EMEA hours. The editor will identify the biggest stories as they break and look for ways to distinguish our file, working with a team of reporters who cover financial services, markets and corporate finance in London as well as those based in bureaus around the region.
We are looking for a newsroom leader with a deep understanding of financial services and markets, experience running stories from breaking news to deep investigations, and a proven track record in managing large teams. Experience in change management is a plus.
As editor, financial industry and financial markets, EMEA, you will:
- Shape our finance and markets file to meet the needs of financial, professional and media customers
- News edit the biggest stories of the day and assign reporting lines to yield scoops, distinctive sidebars and connect the dots for global audiences
- Plan ahead for major events to ensure that we have a strong reporting plan, prewrites and newsplanner entries
- Think strategically about news priorities and redirect efforts away from stories that do not serve our customers well
- Work closely and collaboratively with other editors in the global finance and markets team as well as with Company News and bureau editors and reporters
To be our editor, financial industry and financial markets, EMEA, you will likely have:
- Solid professional experience reporting on business news and/or editing business stories at a major news organisation
- Experience managing large teams, with a proven track record of developing journalists, change management and winning stories
- Sophisticated news judgment and ability to prioritise coverage and delegate assignments
- Strong grasp of what makes for a great financial services and financial markets story, and understanding of our financial, professional and media customers
- Ability to make decisions quickly and edit news stories well under tight deadlines
Please note, the deadline for applications is Friday 21 January 2022.
What is in it for you
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning and development: On the job learning and coaching. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits including paid volunteering days
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world's most important stories
Reuters is the world's largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organisations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position