As editorial lead, you will grow bobsguide's place as a primary source for news and in-depth analysis in the fintech and banking marketplace. This is a fantastic role for a creative editor who is craving a challenge, autonomy and ownership of a transformation process.
The successful candidate will know finance markets inside out, work to high editorial standards, and work off a list of industry contacts to inform their coverage. We are looking for a passionate writer with strategic editorial skills to drive our target audience engagement, and to develop an energetic team to do the same.
- Set and monitor editorial strategy, reporting weekly on performance
- Use primary research to inform and drive the content strategy, with an unwavering focus on the needs of our tier-1 audience
- Writing in-depth analytical features, news-based pieces and other forms of content in line with the editorial agenda
- Seek opportunities to improve shareability of content to grow audience engagement and collaborate with marketing team on content amplification planning as part of your editorial planning process
- Host industry events, interview key market stakeholders
- Inform the direction of bobsguide's other penetrations within the fintech and banking sector - including the directory, online events and panels and consult with product team to support new products
- Build and develop a knowledgeable, curious team who are committed to the brand purpose.
- Evolve output, working to ensure increased engagement with this tier-1 audience
- Control and work to assigned internal budgets
- Display an array of types of content, applying high editorial standards
- Experience of reporting and knowledge of banking and fintech or finance
- Degree in journalism
- Strong writing and reporting skills
- Excellent editing skills
- Experience of creation, production and dissemination of engaging, shareable content relevant to the audience
- Collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, with an inquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
To apply for the role, please send your CV directly to our head of people, Laura Mitchell-Innes, email@example.com
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position