Act as editorial lead for specified website, ensuring self and team achieves key performance indicators and objectives set. The Editor is responsible for product growth and audience engagement, ensuring effective collaboration with internal teams and external stakeholders. You will be able to effectively manage direct reports to ensure output as agreed and high performance of both people and products.
A career at Contentive is like no other; it will be challenging, fast-paced and you will be constantly learning – but we have lots of fun along the way and never take ourselves too seriously! At Contentive you have the chance to make a real impact, and we provide our team with the responsibility and autonomy to do so.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Set editorial agenda and KPIs, taking overall responsibility and ensuring wider team achieves
- With Content Director, set and monitor editorial content strategy and KPIs, reporting weekly to Content Director on KPIs and content/team performance
- Devise editorial content calendar, seeking cross-team buy-in and understanding of sales & marketing objectives
- Ensure dissemination of editorial content calendar both internally and externally (as appropriate), and that internal content teams work together to produce relevant, timely and engaging content (i.e. commissioning editors, deputy editors, reporters/writers)
- Translate corporate objectives into team objectives and implement strategies to meet these. Monitor and report on achievement of objectives to the Content Director
- Maintain awareness of market trends and identify opportunities for the business. Develop competitor and market awareness to feed into strategy
- As appropriate, advise Content Director and Digital Director of potential site developments and any issues that require fixes in a timely and professional manner. Openly suggest ideas for further innovations with the key aim being to drive audience engagement
Content creation and production, ensuring diverse mix of styles
- Produce individual weekly content quota as pre-agreed with Content Director, and ensure wider team achieves own objectives/goals
- With Managing Commissioning Editor, set targets for submitted/commissioned content in key topic areas and assist in identification of KOLs from whom to commission
- Manage the development of content in a diverse mix of styles (e.g. video, webinar, infographic, various written formats), ensuring a high standard of innovation is achieved
- Follow tenets of content that is educational, informative and entertaining
- With deputy editor, ensure all content (whether produced in-house or externally, editorial or commercial) is edited to house style and to a high degree of quality prior to publication
- Devise proposals for new content initiatives/product expansions and feed back to SLT
Overall responsibility for dissemination of content via variety of media
- Ensure timely, relevant and high quality newsletters are sent to audience as agreed with Content Director and Digital Director
- Ensure all content is shared via key social media portals (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) following best practice guidelines set out in objectives and as set by Content Director
- Look for opportunities to improve shareability of content to grow audience engagement
- Test and learn a variety of methods and platforms for content dissemination and share learnings with wider content team
Internal and external communication and relationships
- Liaise with the Content Director, Digital Director, Commercial Director and teams as appropriate to support strategy and ensure KPIs are met
- Work with Marketing team to define and sign-off on campaigns to promote products as required
- Understand the needs of the niche markets we serve. Liaise externally with contributors, advisors, readers and sponsors
- Set up and manage editorial advisory board encompassing KOLs from relevant fields to advise on editorial strategy and audience engagement. Ensure regular communication via email and telephone, in addition to twice-yearly editorial board meetings, to ensure member engagement and buy-in
Performance management and people development
- Line manage staff within site-specific content team (deputy editor and reporters/writers as appropriate):
o Conduct regular 1-2-1 meetings with direct reports, and act as point of contact for all queries
o Conduct the appraisal procedure for direct reports – run annual appraisal meetings and sign-off on objectives for all direct reports
o Create and maintain development plans for direct reports (objectives and training) and tailor to overall team requirements
o Develop and maintain appropriate training materials for direct reports.
- Through regular and effective communication of business goals and strategy, manage expectations of staff at all levels
- Ensure regular feedback on team performance and objectives is provided to Content Director
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Proven track record in an editorial role
- Good copywriting skills and proof reading experience
- Production and dissemination of engaging, shareable content relevant to the audience
- Ability to translate business needs into clearly defined projects
- Self-motivated and happy taking the initiative to drive projects forward with a strong commercial acumen
- Enjoys working as part of team in a busy scale-up environment
- A diligent, disciplined work ethic and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Emotionally instinctive – perceptive, fascinated by people, an excellent listener
- Calm – an ability to keep perspective in any situation
- Persistent – willing to constantly test and refine your approach, because it may take several times of trying before it works
- Motivated – unwavering motivation to be successful
- Pragmatic – you spot opportunities and challenges and then grab/solve them
- Collaborative – a team-player, with a constant focus on the goal
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking self-starters with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
We will offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits which includes; life assurance, pension scheme, 25 days’ holiday and flexible benefits tailored to suit your lifestyle such as Private Health Care, Dental care, Simply Health, Perkbox, contribution to gym membership.
We are reinventing B2B media and events. Staying up to date in a fast changing industry is a major challenge for professional executives. We develop smart ways to curate and create content that cuts through the noise and captures the attention of busy execs to help them succeed in their roles.
In turn, we offer suppliers that want to influence these communities, a cost-effective, reliable, scalable source of qualified leads. We aim to become a long term, retained partner with leading suppliers in each of our markets.
Founded in 2012, we now have around 80 employees across London and New York are continuing to expand. Our London team are located in One Hammersmith Broadway, a modern, five-storey building which hosts a hotbed of innovation-focused, high-growth companies – all backed by the Blenheim Chalcot group, leading active investors with annual sales of over £300M.
To find out more, please visit: