Every other sector has been transformed by platforms. Government is the final frontier for technology-enabled sharing and connecting.
Apolitical is a learning platform for government that launched in 2017 - now 70,000+ public servants, policymakers and politicians in 170+ countries are using it for peer-led, future-facing learning.
Our members range from mayors, ministers and heads of state to millennials pioneering digital innovations.
- Responsible for leading the company’s thinking about content, with a broad mandate to experiment with and scale up new kinds of learning experiences to best serve our members.
- Diving deep into global policy, government, and related fields and making sure we are delivering insight for our members on the most pressing and forward-looking topics.
- Overseeing the output of Apolitical’s Content Team, driving them to produce excellent written, multimedia and interactive journalism and other content showcasing the best ideas, approaches, and solutions from governments around the world.
- Working with our member engagement editor to encourage public servants to share their work and ideas on Apolitical and ensure the best possible quality and range of contributions.
- Contributing at a high level to the overall strategic direction of the company and its products.
You will definitely need:
- Excellent writing and editing skills demonstrated by at least five years’ experience in a role producing content for publication (whether it be journalism, content design or something else).
- Passion for driving impact by making content that serves practical needs for people working in government. Apolitical exists to help public servants do their jobs better - we are neither a hard-nosed news organisation, nor a high-minded think tank.
- The leadership skills to keep a busy team inspired, focused and effective.
- The communication skills to work well with junior and senior staff across the organisation, balancing your relative needs and priorities and keeping cross-team projects on track.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects, learn new skills quickly, and work to ambitious deadlines.
- Desire to work in a fast-changing startup environment where priorities can shift regularly.
The following skills and attributes are not necessary, but any of them could put you at an advantage:
- Experience producing multimedia content
- Ability to write and edit in French, Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Experience in a technology startup
- Experience working in government
- Experience of formal content/product design disciplines
To apply: Send a cover letter of no more than one page and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 7 May.
Please note that this role may be filled before the closing date should we find the right candidate.
Head of Operations
Apolitical Group Limited
1 Horse Guards Avenue
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position