Little Black Book is looking for a journalist to head up coverage of advertising and creativity in Latin America, the Middle East and Africa.
The role will involve building on and developing existing coverage of and traffic from the regions. You will be interviewing prominent figures in the industry, hunting out up-and-coming talent, and writing about work and trends from the regions.
You will also be managing a flow of regular features and columns. You will also collaborate with our awards and business development teams to develop strategies for expanding the regions.
For anyone looking for a next step in their journalism career, this is a great chance to combine arts writing and business writing and to grow a niche and personal platform. The LATAM and MEA regions have the greatest scope for growth and development at Little Black Book.
We are looking for someone with a solid foundation in journalism, a flair for writing, a high degree of personal organisation and, above all, a passion for creativity. It is a fast-moving job with daily deadlines and involves working as part of a tightly knit team, so we are looking for someone who will be able to work quickly and accurately. The role will also require occasional after work networking and, when restrictions lift, there will be some scope for travel.
- Accredited journalism training - eg NCTJ, PPA - or equivalent on the job training
- At least three years' journalism experience
- Candidate must be based in or near London and willing to travel to our Soho office when Covid-19 restrictions lift
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable organisation skills
- Demonstrable curiosity and passion for creativity (art, fashion, gaming, film etc)
- Basic HTML
- Image editing software (e.g. Photoshop, GIMP)
- Microsoft Excel
- BA degree 2:1 or higher
- Film editing software (eg Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Filmora)
- Arabic, Spanish or Portuguese
- Experience writing about creativity, tech, advertising or business
- Experience with Middle Eastern, African or Latin American cultures
- Salary dependent on experience
- Pension scheme
- 25 days' holiday package
- Vitality Health Insurance
- Flexible/hybrid options regarding remote working
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position