Reorg, a provider of financial information and analysis on distressed and high yield debt, is looking for an experienced editor for its London office to work with a team of journalists, financial analysts and lawyers. You will have the opportunity to be a part of a dynamic New York-headquartered company which has been expanding its operations in Europe in the past five years.
You are an experienced editor who has worked on sourcing/drafting/editing stories on corporate finance spanning credit issuance, restructurings and distressed debt situations in Europe and/or elsewhere. You must be able to edit and re-organise complex articles on debt issuers in financial troubles and have prior experience as a journalist. You are able to coach reporters, help them with sourcing/building stories. Experience in managing a team is a plus.
You preferably have an understanding of a number of European bankruptcy court systems and the different legal tools available to companies in distress. You also have a good understanding of financial statements and metrics to look at when covering credits.
You will sit with the journalists and editors team, working closely with experienced financial analysts and lawyers to shape content.
- Edit articles written by journalists, financial analysts and lawyers about leveraged companies involved in complex transactions including debt issuance (high yield bond, leveraged loans) refinancing of debt facilities, in/out of court debt restructuring
- Work with journalists, financial and legal analysts on leads for stories, headlines, angles for articles with the aim of producing high level copy in line with Reorg style
- Learn about Reorg style and enforce it
- Probe reporters on their sources, make sure the information is confirmed, properly sourced
- Help coach and train new and existing reporters on both the subject matter and overall journalistic practices
- Strong track record in journalism in the field of high yield, distressed debt and debt restructuring
- Track record in editing articles about companies with distressed debt or undergoing a debt restructuring
- Strong understanding of the main financial terminology and mechanisms related to financial restructurings and distressed debt
- Understanding of European legal systems in relation to in-court restructuring
- Familiarity with out-of-court restructurings is preferable
- Understanding of the dynamics of the high-yield and leveraged loan markets
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- A self-starter attitude with a proven ability to multi task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Fluency in other European languages desirable (not essential)
What we offer
- Leadership role in a growing organisation
- Experienced, knowledgeable team and collaborative environment
- Annual professional development allowance
- Healthcare insurance including gym subsidy and cash back plan
- Generous pension package
- Other fun benefits from social events to cycle to work scheme
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position