Kadium Ltd needs an editor for its portfolio of B2B digital publications, e-newsletters and websites. These currently include: Networking+; Northern African Wireless Communications; Southern African Wireless Communications; South Asian Wireless Communications; The African Wireless Communications Yearbook.
The editor is responsible for all editorial activities and processes for these publications. You will be an excellent all-round writer and time manager with a keen eye for detail. The right candidate will need to be flexible and able to work on her/his own initiative as well as within a team. High production standards together with the ability to multitask within tight deadlines are a must.
The editor's day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Creating the contents for all titles as per the publishing schedule
- Sourcing, researching, writing and developing all content
- Excellent writing skills will be required as the type of content required varies from technology, business and product news, to case studies, thought leadership articles and full-length features. The latter are typically based on unique interviews as well as other primary and secondary research techniques
- Sub-editing and approving all content for layout and final printing
- Planning for upcoming projects
- Commissioning articles from industry representatives or freelancers
- Managing freelance writers from time to time, or any in-house editorial staff the company may employ
This role demands a high degree of commercial awareness as you will need to know how to identify and create content that targets our audiences.
The successful applicant will have the following skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Creative, focused individual with 1+ year's B2B editorial experience
- Excellent journalistic skills
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Outstanding subbing and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of software including Excel, Adobe InDesign, PowerPoint, and Photoshop
- Ability to travel internationally when necessary
- Ideally, but not specifically, ability to speak another language
- Experience in both print and online editing and content creation; digital communications including blogging and social media
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and desire to impact on products and company as a whole
- Understanding of the B2B marketplace and relationship with advertising
A keen interest in ICT technology is a pre-requisite and in-depth knowledge of enterprise IT networks as well as operator networks in the developing world will be a major advantage.
You will need to become an expert in your field by keeping abreast of all relevant market and technology developments in order to source and create content that is topical and commercially attractive.
The editor also plays an ambassadorial role and represents the company at industry and press events, both national and international. He or she will be comfortable engaging with industry members at all levels, from C suite executives and government ministers, to engineers, tech experts, marketeers, press representatives and so forth.
Knowledge of CMS platforms will also be a plus, and DTP using InDesign on a Mac will also come in handy.
With a salary from £30,000 to £33,000, this role will also give the right individual the opportunity to become part of the senior management team and to influence the print and digital strategy of the company as a whole. The company is based in Surrey, but work from home or flexible working options are available so we encourage applications UK-wide.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position