This is a remarkable opportunity to play a key part in a rapidly expanding global ideas and education platform, the Institute of Art and Ideas (IAI).
Described by the Guardian as 'the return to big thinking' and by Total Politics as 'Europe's answer to TED', the IAI is leading the way in bringing cutting-edge ideas to a global audience with debates and talks involving the world's leading thinkers, politicians, scientists and artists. The IAI is also responsible for HowTheLightGetsIn, the world largest philosophy and music festival.
The IAI is a new type of organisation that is neither newspaper nor university but instead straddles both journalism and the academy. We aim to excel in both arenas.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented individual to join our team as an editor for the IAI with focus on our politics, philosophy, science and arts desks. The successful applicant will play an important part in driving the ongoing growth and success of our digital ideas and philosophy magazine, IAI News.
Our current weekly international audience is in the tens of thousands for IAI News and monthly audience in the hundreds of thousands for IAI as a whole. We are recruiting for this position at a critical point in our growth ahead of a new phase of our digital strategy at the start of 2021.
- Generating ideas for IAI News' editorial themes and content
- Commissioning high-quality articles in line with our editorial schedule and priorities.
- Copy editing and publishing author contributions
- Publicity and Marketing for IAI News
- Writing content across the IAI's output, including website copy, press releases, articles and marketing copy.
The successful candidate will need demonstrate both excellent journalistic and copy writing skills and an impressive grasp of the current intellectual landscape. They will need a strong working knowledge of current affairs, a broad range of intellectual interests and proven interest in big ideas and our editorial content. Experience in journalism and an excellent academic background are essential.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position
- broadcast journalists broadcast journalists feed
- copywriters copywriters feed
- editorial assistants / trainees editorial assistants / trainees feed
- editors and management editors and management feed
- features features feed
- news news feed
- production and sub-editors production and sub-editors feed
- section editors section editors feed
- specialist writers specialist writers feed