Are you ready to step up into the editor’s role for a maritime B2B publication? The task is to produce high-quality and engaging content, for a bi-monthly printed magazine, website, social media and digital formats. This will be done in close co-operation with the Association and some commissioning will be involved.
What does the role entail?
As an editor, you will be responsible for reviewing and editing articles for clarity, persuasiveness, and adherence to editorial policy and style. Producing content which speaks directly to the brands target audience, generates ongoing growth of engagement and strengthens the value proposition to both readers and commercial partners. You will oversee the work of freelancers and ensure that the magazine's content is delivered on time and at a high standard.
Mercator Media Ltd is a privately-owned, UK-based media company established in 1989. The company specialises in the commercial marine sector and creates and disseminates content for market-moving events, magazines, and online publishing services.
Mercator maintains valued B2B marketplaces focused on the world’s marine infrastructure and is a global leader in the creation of integrated marketing strategies for clients within its specialist sectors, using a range of channels including magazines, online, events, and research.
Mercator Media’s magazines include Maritime Journal, The Motorship, Port Strategy, GreenPort and World Fishing, and events include Europe’s leading commercial maritime sector annual event and conference, Seawork International, and the Icelandic Fisheries Exhibition, amongst others.
Does this sound like you?
- 3+ years of related professional experience
- Exceptional journalist writing, copy editing, interviewing and proof-reading skills.
- Strong experience with grammar rules, syntax, and usage.
- Researching and analysis.
- Effective communication and relationship management with freelance writers.
- Proven track record of researching and writing accurate and engaging news content.
- Detailed-oriented and able to produce accurate copy under pressure.
- Good understanding of the digital publishing landscape and emerging media trends, plus experience using analytics tools and data reports to increase engagement.
- Up-to-date knowledge of optimising content for the web and social media
- Commercially aware and able to work closely with our sales, marketing and international events teams.
- Comfortable using and learning new software and tools used in digital publishing.
What we offer
This is a part-time permanent or contractual role with some occasional international travel. Salary or contractors rate is negotiable and dependent on experience. We are based in Fareham, Hampshire and remote working will be considered.
If you have proven writing and editing skills, can make the transition into a new and dynamic business sector then please send your CV by clicking apply now!
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position