Euromoney’s Reactions is looking for an Editor to join its London-based team.
The position offers an experienced journalist, deputy editor or editor the opportunity to take a leading role at an established and well-respected title catering to the global insurance and reinsurance industries.
Reactions is one of the longest-running re/insurance industry titles. It provides readers with in-depth analysis, thought-provoking features and interviews with some of the industry’s most senior figures.
Reporting into the New York-based Managing Editor, the Editor will work directly with the London-based senior reporter and New York-based reporter to research and write features and in-depth analyses on the major issues impacting the global re/insurance industry – the who’s, what’s and why’s in specific companies, markets and geographies while developing a strong network of contacts so they can access the very best information from the top of the business.
The Editor will also be responsible for the production of the monthly magazine, working with the London-based design team to ensure the publication is printed in a timely fashion.
The Editor’s key objectives will be to...
· Develop and further enhance Reactions’ established coverage of the global insurance and reinsurance industries, focusing on all regions of the world ex-Americas
· Train, mentor and support relevant team members to ensure reporting matches the high standards demanded by Reactions
· Research and develop thought-provoking analyses and features taking a closer view at major industry trends
· Develop high-level contacts with some of the leading figures in the industry via frequent phone calls and face-to-face meetings and interviews
· Oversee production of Reactions’ monthly magazine
The successful candidate must…
· have a high-level of writing and editing skills
· be a talented leader of people, able to develop team members and mentor progress
· be tenacious, resilient and have a desire to truly understand what can be complex issues
· be able to comfortably network to build a strong contact base
· be able to multitask and work both quickly and accurately to tight deadlines
· have excellent spoken and written English
· be numerate
· have a willingness to work with the existing team rather than in competition with it
The ideal candidate will…
· have at least four years of direct experience working as a journalist in the financial services industry, preferably with some exposure to the insurance or reinsurance sectors
· have experience of leading, supporting and guiding a reporting team
How to apply
Interested parties should send a copy of their CV and a covering letter highlighting why they are suitable for the role to email@example.com