Editor for premium travel magazine for Qatar Airways
Based at INK’s London office
Ink is the world’s leading travel media company producing award-winning inflight-media products for 26 airlines from print to digital as well as successfully selling advertising in print, digital and on boarding passes and many other platforms.
Ink is recruiting for an experienced magazine Editor to manage Oryx, the award-winning inflight magazine of Qatar Airways. Based out of Ink’s London office, the Editor will be responsible for creating a high-end, topical and aspirational monthly magazine. The ideal candidate should have a killer instinct for strong, original stories with connections around the globe to cover the premium airline’s extensive route map in an inspiring way.
- Creating an original story list and managing the production workflow
- Successful account managing and closely liaising with the client on their marketing objectives
- Producing the magazine on time and within budget to the full satisfaction of the client
- Managing the deputy, translators and freelancers and ensuring there are no mistakes in the magazine
- Working closely with the art director to create a luxury magazine that stands out
- Five years editing or dep-editing a high-end consumer title, ideally with a focus on travel
- Well-organised, creative and a perfectionist with a meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to think on your feet and react quickly to changing demands of the client, their expanding route network and the industry as a whole
- Experience in travel writing and commissioning to a tight brief
- Existing contacts with international journalists and solid travel writers around the globe
- Understanding of smart, modern design and photography trends
- Experience with the cultural sensitivities of the region beneficial
How to apply:
Please apply with cover letter, CV, work samples and three relevant feature ideas to Ink’s Editorial Director Kerstin Zumstein at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st Dec. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
View current issues here: http://www.ink-live.com/emagazines/oryx