To ensure regular monthly production of a high-quality journal that meets readers’ needs and competes successfully in its market.
- Maintain editorial quality
- Develop and maintain the magazine’s online channel
- Manage the staff of the magazine’s editorial team
- Liaise with other departments, especially advertising, production and marketing. Also with sister publications.
- Ensure the magazine is well represented at key industry events. Maintain the positive view of the magazine in the marketplace.
- Research individual stories by interviewing key contacts and visiting locations across the country and abroad.
- Build a network of contacts favourable to the magazine
- Act as ambassador for the magazine by attending conferences, seminars, press launches and other events. Ensure the magazine is highly regarded in the marketplace
- Chair, speak and make presentations at external events as needed
- Monitor technical developments and political changes in the marketplace
- Write editorial, accurately and to deadline
- Lay out pages, accurately and to deadline
- Maintain close and regular contact with production and sales departments, to ensure the smooth running of the production schedule
- Oversee ongoing development of features and editorial content, both online and in print
- Commission editorial contributions as needed
- Monitor editorial content to ensure it is of a high standard
- Maintain close contact with advertising department to ensure that editorial content and advertising volumes remain balanced, and to maximise journal’s ad revenue potential
- Maintain close contact with marketing department, to plan sponsorships, profile-raising and circulation enhancing activities
- Monitor competitor activity
- Help to manage the staff of the magazine’s editorial team; ensure they work to high standards at all times.
- Reader satisfaction.
- Good reputation of journal in its market.
- Work with advertising and marketing departments to bring in advertising and new readers is supported by the editorial quality of journal.
- Completion of the job is to produce the best possible editorial, well written and visually attractive, meeting all production and editorial deadlines, within budget whilst having fun.
How to Apply:
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below