Editor, Ready for Brexit
The launch of ReadyforBrexit.co.uk is an exceptional opportunity for an editor to make a mark on the greatest issues the UK has faced for generations.
Ready for Brexit is a new website dedicated to helping small and medium-sized businesses get ready for Brexit. Big businesses have teams to work out what is going happen when the UK leaves the EU and can get government’s attention. Smaller businesses face greater difficulties and ReadyforBrexit.co.uk aims to help by providing accurate, reliable and objective information. The site is an independent startup by an experienced consulting team and is unaffiliated to any political party or Brexit viewpoint.
We are looking for an editor to develop and look after the site’s content.
Initially at least, we are expecting this to be a part-time role and the editor will work largely from home.
- The editor will help to develop the site’s content, editorial identity and appeal while working with the founders, partners, stakeholders and users to make Ready for Brexit the leading source for smaller businesses.
- Researching, commissioning and checking site content;
- Text-editing, headlines, pictures, captions;
- Moderating discussion forums;
- Dealing with stakeholders such as business groups, government departments, NGOs and trade experts;
- Social media distribution;
- Understanding and reacting to web analytics.
Depending on the site’s rate of subscriber growth, some of these responsibilities may be delegated.
- Some experience of B2B journalism, and editing in particular, is desirable;
- Ability to understand and use a wide range of editorial techniques to convince subscribers of the site’s value;
- Knowledge of WordPress;
- Knowledge of government and the EU will be a help.
- The successful candidate will be offered a probationary, part-time contract starting in June.
- Payment per day will be in the range £200-250.