Purpose of job
Informing, inspiring, educating and helping audiences to connect in the automotive and IT industry through the creation, commissioning, editing and curating of specialised content across channels of the automotiveIT International platform and in collaboration with other Ultima Media platforms, including by:
- managing and providing original editorial content to automotiveIT International's own channel, its social media and to relevant distribution and newsletter campaigns, as well as relevant content from German automotiveIT titles
- managing and providing editorial content for other Ultima platforms (logistics, manufacturing and design) in collaboration with Ultima’s content teams
- managing and providing content/editorial of specific projects for automotiveIT International and/or in collaboration with other platforms, including special supplements, research reports, surveys, digital media, etc
- providing as required input and support in the creation of programmes/ briefs and the recruiting of speakers for automotiveIT International events or related sessions at other Ultima in-person or digital events
- managing and providing commercial content on behalf of clients for automotiveIT International and/or in collaboration with other platforms, including sponsored articles, whitepapers, content marketing or bespoke products
…all of which is on time, on budget, of the appropriate range and at the right quality
What do I need for this role?
It would be preferred if you:
- have five years’ experience in journalism and media, especially in digital content;
- have experience and contacts in IT, software, high tech and/or mobile industries;
- write excellent English;
- have flawless copy-editing skills;
- be familiar with online CMS systems;
- have knowledge and experience of SEO;
- be familiar with design and production editing tools;
- be skilled in social media platforms;
- be confident speaking in public;
- be comfortable working across different cultures, nationalities and time zones;
- be a collaborative and considerate team player;
- be eligible to work in the UK;
- have a bachelor’s degree or professional qualification, preferably in journalism, media, communication or language-related disciplines.
It would sweeten the deal if you:
- have experience and contacts within the automotive sector;
- professional experience or degree within the IT sector;
- video/audio editing skills;
- experience in digital analytics tools;
- market research and data analysis experience;
- proficiency in a foreign language.
How do I apply?
Contact Christopher Ludwig, Content Director with the following:
- Your CV
- A covering letter that explains how you see yourself fitting this role
- Up to three published samples of your work
- At least one writing sample unpublished or pre-edited by a publisher.
Who are we?
Ultima Media is a dynamic, 40+ employee media company based in west London that produces specialised B2B content for the global automotive industry. Our aim is to inform, inspire, educate and connect audiences through original content across digital and print, live events and bespoke products.
Ultima Media currently has four platforms across the automotive value chain: Automotive Logistics, Automotive Manufacturing Solutions, Car Design News and automotiveIT International.
automotiveIT International covers the development of IT, software, compute power and transformative technology impacting automotive enterprises. Through collaboration with its sister, German-language titles, automotiveIT and carIT, automotiveIT International provides the most comprehensive insight and access to senior IT decision makers and influencers across major vehicle makers, suppliers, systems and service providers.
As well as its own website, events and publications, automotiveIT International is a content hub for IT and technology topics across Ultima Media’s three other industry leading platforms in logistics, manufacturing and design.
automotiveIT International and Ultima Media are part of the professional services and B2B publishing division of Süddeutscher Verlag, one of the Germany’s largest media groups.
401 King Street
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position