Full-Time - Permanent or Freelance
Room151 is a fast growing source of news and opinion for finance directors and treasurers working in local government throughout the UK. Our site's traffic has grown at over 30%, year-on-year since we launched in 2011 and our events business is also growing fast.
We’re looking for a full-time editor to work closely with our publisher, deputy editor and writers/contributors to help take Room151 content, across publishing and events, to the next level.
The position requires an outstanding candidate with relevant experience, a highly dependable work ethic and the flexibility required to work for a fast growing, small business. In return we can also offer flexibility, a very competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to help turn a niche publishing brand into the sector’s leading title.
Crucially, you will be someone who has the skill to content edit technical finance and investment articles, the experience to play a collaborative role in story selection, and the eye for detail of a copy editor. A well developed network of contacts within the local government finance world would be a distinct advantage.
We're looking for:
- an experienced editor/deputy-editor and journalist with a background in investment and/or local government.
- the ability to grow and manage a network of leading thinkers in the sector to the benefit of both publishing and events.
- experience and excellence in content and copy editing.
- a willingness to work in a team across publishing and events.
- excellent organisational skills and an impeccable eye for detail.
- content management skills and the ability to work at speed without compromising quality.
Longview Productions Ltd
62 Beechwood Road
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position