Remix, news and views from the Visegrád Four – rmx.news – is looking for an editor with a keen understanding – and sharp editor’s pencil – for Central Europe’s perspective on current affairs in today’s Europe.
- Coordinating online publishing cycle and managing content areas
- Copy editing daily all published content, including website and social media
- Setting publication standards and establishing goals and expectations
- Suggesting stories and generating headline ideas in alignment with targeted audience’s preferences
- Working with influencers to promote this exciting, alternative news platform
Remix, rmx.news, is looking for an editor, with a good sense of what makes an interesting angle to European national news for an international audience and to juggle all the moving parts of an online publication.
You will plan, coordinate, review and edit content. The successful candidate will be able to decide which ideas should be pursued and which should get dropped in order to meet quality and accuracy standards. The goal is to provide exceptional, informative and engaging content – which fits the Remix news profile on today’s Europe.
- Coordinate online publishing cycle and manage content areas
- Set publication standards and establish goals and expectations
- Copy edit daily all published content, including website and social media
- Suggest stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with targeted audience’s preferences
- Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors
- Cooperate and liaise with designers, photographers, advertising reps, writers, artists etc
- Work with influencers to promote the platform
- Meet deadlines and budget requirements
- Proven working experience as an editor, reporter or blogger, at least two years of experience
- Strong native English writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio
- Hands on experience with MS Office and InDesign, Photoshop or other publishing tools
- Excellent written skills in English
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking
- Working remotely may be a possibility; number of hours may also be negotiable based on staffing configuration
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position