Editor @ SNG Publishing (Birmingham)
Deadline: 28 June 2019
Salary: £18,000 – £26,000, DoE
We are looking for a talented and organised Editor, with a minimum of 3 years’ editorial experience, to join our fast growing publishing company. Digital experience is preferable but not essential.
As Editor, you will be expected to create exciting content for our print titles that will intrigue and inspire the next generation of trade professionals.
Established in 2006, we are a forward-thinking publishing company with an impressive range of established student magazine titles and events, which reach almost every college in the UK.
This fantastic opportunity will be ideal for someone who has creative flair, exemplary copywriting skills, impeccable time management and a keen eye for detail.
- Copy editing press releases for publication
- Building strong rapport with clients
- Liaising with PR agencies to arrange content
- Creating new and relevant features for the magazines
- Updating the magazine flatplans
- Creating deadlines and publication dates for upcoming issues
- Sending out editorial requests and chasing copy
- Attending press events
- Proofreading magazine copy
- Booking Products & Services Listings based on press releases received and editing accordingly
- Writing interview questions and conducting interviews
- Coming up with fresh, exciting and new ideas
- Meeting strict deadlines
Crucially, you will be a team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude who is capable of working in a thriving office, but you will also be expected to work alone.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for words, lots of motivation and an awareness of the importance of an impressive public image.
This job is full-time and based in our Birmingham office. A full, clean driving licence is preferable.
Starting as soon as possible, the salary for this role is negotiable – based on experience.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter explaining why you think you would be suitable for this role, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our closing date for receiving these is 28th June.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position