As the largest independent and most inclusive media company in the global events industry, Mash Media provides the most up to date and varied content for the communities it’s serves. Through our diverse product range of publications, websites and live events, we talk to event professionals around the world, every day.
Key to shaping the way news and content is delivered are Mash Media editors, whose primary responsibility is for the editorial output of the magazines and associate websites and social media channels to which they are assigned. The editor will ensure that magazines are planned in partnership with the portfolio director ensuring each magazine remains relevant to its readers and is regarded as the leading authority within its marketplace.
Essential to achieving this will be the editor’s ability to develop and cultivate key industry relationships, the ability to break boundaries with opinion and to stay ahead of the curve. This will be achieved through a dynamic and engaging personality, a thirst for news, a passion for excellence in journalism and an insatiable curiosity, all building to gravitas, credibility and being perceived as a thought-leader among readers and the community.
The editor will:
- Plan and control editorial agenda without external or commercial influence
- Produce original content for print and online in-house style and in line with editorial policy
- Ensure deadlines are met for print and online
- Source contributors and industry experts
- Use all opportunities/resources/networks to source/ratify ‘breaking news’ stories
- Develop story and content ideas while being mindful of the audience
- Approve final versions submitted by staff and sign off magazine to press
- Have final say on editorial decision-making
- Work closely with commercial department to understand and maintain awareness of magazine’s financial status
- Attend industry events (Mash Media and 3rd party organised events), acting as brand ambassador and industry expert.
- Host roundtable discussions as and when agreed with stakeholders and be the face or other brand events
- Forge strong relationships with industry stakeholders and devise a strong network of contacts
- Continually gather feedback from readers and industry influencers to drive constant improvement (including format refresh as appropriate)
- To be aware of and report on trends and competitor activity
The exhibition industry has never been in such a positive position, with huge interest from investment companies meaning there is significant change within the sector. Exhibition News is right at the heart of this industry with a monthly magazine, daily online news, a number of roundtable events as well as further networking events and awards ceremonies, culminating with the annual EN Awards each March, attended by over 1000 industry professionals.
The role of the editor is extremely high profile within this industry and will suit someone who thrives in such a role.
We welcome applications from people who can demonstrate relevant experience or the ability to step up to this role, with high personal and professional standards, a creative mind and key values of teamwork and a strong work ethic.
In return, you can expect to work in a dynamic, rewarding environment which encourages creativity and new ideas, as well as a strong package with good benefits.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position