The Board is seeking an energetic and insightful editor who can take the publication forward to meet the challenges of the future as the demographics of the ringing fraternity and preferences for receiving information are changing. Apart from our established administration team, the Board wishes to establish a flexible editorial team that can handle production of the journal and for inhouse capabilities to develop our use of technology, especially our online version and BellBoard. This is the opportunity to fulfil a significant and valued role in the ringing community.
The editor is responsible for:
- Overseeing and ensuring the weekly publication of The Ringing World journal (paper and digital), including working with the Board to develop appropriate and efficient production processes;
- Receiving and commissioning contributions that reflect the aims of The Ringing World to foster the art, science and history of bells and bellringing;
- Being aware of news and events across the ringing community; and
- Managing the Ringing World staff and office (currently based in Andover) and reporting to and working with the Ringing World Board.
The editor will need to:
- Relate to a wide range of people and interests within and beyond the ringing community;
- Be familiar with production software including In-Design, and how to maximise its benefits;
- Support staff colleagues and be familiar with office procedures; and
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and flexible hours.
How to apply:
Further details are available from David Grimwood (email@example.com or on 07960 369681), to whom written applications should be sent. The deadline for applications is Monday, 16th September. Interviews are planned for 25th September 2019.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position