For over 40 years, Taxbriefs has delivered expert content and personalised marketing material for financial advisers and accountants. We work with many partners at the heart of the financial industry, including the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) and the CFA Society of the UK (CFA UK), producing exam texts, learning materials and continuing professional development (CPD) content.
Taxbriefs is looking for a motivated, self-starting Editor to service the educational publishing contracts with the Editorial Manager, Project Editor and Publishing Director. This role will be critical in ensuring the high standard of content required to satisfy the clients’ terms and the continuing partnership with them on their financial adviser learning products.
- Publishing and production: copyedit, typeset (in XML or CMS) and proofread assigned study texts and CPD modules. This is an intensive copy-editing and production role. The editor will be responsible for ensuring copy is edited and typeset to the required standard without production errors.
- Author and project management: plan and schedule publishing projects together with the Editorial Manager, liaise with authors and other contributors, and ensure assigned study texts and CPD modules are delivered to agreed schedules and designated budgets.
- Product quality: maintain the high quality of authors Taxbriefs commissions to work on the study texts and CPD content, reviewing submitted copy against the syllabi or the customer requirements.
- Relationship management and collaboration: work effectively and closely with principal contacts and colleagues, as well as with a range of internal and external technical writers, editors, technical checkers and other experts to maintain content quality, accuracy and timeliness.
- The required content is delivered by the contractual deadline or in line with deadlines set by the clients and to the budgets set by the Publishing Director.
- The quality of the content is edited and produced at the level set by the contract, identifying any gaps in examination syllabus and ensuring coverage of all syllabus points.
- The publications and online content are free from errors and conform to the clients’ house styles.
- The authors and other contributors are fully briefed on the expectations of their delivered content and are managed well to ensure effective external contributors are retained for future projects.
- The team effectively maintains good client relations with the clients to help safeguard future business from them.
Required behaviours and knowledge:
- Will be an editor within a professional, academic or legal publishing environment used to publishing in print and online.
- Certification or a degree in copyediting, proofreading or similar, or equivalent professional experience.
- Must have strong traditional editorial skills in terms of control of style, clarity of writing and attention to detail.
- Will have an analytical approach with the ability to quickly pick up new concepts and sufficient confidence to ask where they are uncertain.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure while prioritising tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Will be an excellent communicator with in-house colleagues, contract staff and clients.
- Desirable behaviours and knowledge:
- Experience of XML or CMS editing (although training will be provided).
- Should ideally have studied accounting, business studies, economics, finance or mathematics at AS-level or above.
- Shows a dynamic interest in the financial services market extending beyond their own core areas of understanding.
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
How to apply
If that sounds like you, please send your CV, salary expectations and a note about how your talent matches the task to Melinda Sulkama on email@example.com.
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position