A rare opportunity has arisen for an editor to work on our flagship lifestyle magazine, Cheshire Life. Each month Cheshire Life is packed with features about this dynamic part of England – from people and places to homes and interiors and food and drink.
As editor of this large, prestigious title you will have sole responsibility for content, covers, commissioned copy, flat planning, and making the right commercial decisions for the magazine and its readers.
As editor of Cheshire Life you will manage all aspects of this stylish lifestyle magazine, meet and interview fantastic people, create great features and attend events throughout the county.
The role calls for strong organisational skills and an appreciation of the benefits of clear planning and strong communication skills, with both internal and external teams. You will have a passion for Cheshire, with strong writing skills and an appreciation of what appeals to our target audience.
You will have:
- Proven editorial experience
- A background in magazines or lifestyle pages on a newspaper
- A strong visual sense with the ability to create strong covers
- Great commercial awareness
- Experience in writing features and commissioning copy
- Strong networking skills
Salary, bonus and benefits:
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give As You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Ongoing training and personal performance reviews
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of your application, then you can assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.
We reserve the right to change the closing date at any time during the recruitment process, so please apply asap as we will be dealing with applications as soon as they arrive.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position