We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable editor to take ownership and help drive the development of a suite of leading digital publications across several industry sectors.
The editor will lead the creation and development of their publication, creating, curating and commissioning exceptional content. They will manage the workload and priorities of their deputy editor, be responsible for content and brand strategy development and act as a brand ambassador for the publication at the largest events worldwide.
The position offers an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, innovative and creative editor who has exceptional written and communication skills and the desire to take their career to the next level.
You will have:
- A degree in journalism or similar.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an editor/senior editor role.
- Experience of managing, mentoring and training members of an editorial team.
- Proven experience of content or brand strategy development and of developing a publication or suite of publications.
- Knowledge of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and a good understanding of SEO best practices.
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to multitask and effectively drive projects forward in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Be responsible for owning and developing a publication/publications with ambitious growth plans.
- Develop a unique content strategy that offers our readers engaging content that they want, explores the cutting-edge of the industry/industries we operate in.
- Craft content that drives organic traffic to the website and amplify this through digital channels.
- Analyse and optimise the performance of all content - both within the digital publication and on the accompanying website - and bring ideas to the table in regards to new approaches to increasing audience engagement.
- Travel regularly to the industry’s largest shows to produce content and act as a brand ambassador for your publication.
- Plan an editorial calendar and ensure content is executed to the highest standard and according to deadline.
- Work in close cooperation with the editorial director and other senior members of the organisation on product development and content strategy.
- Evaluate the performance of junior positions and identify training and mentoring needs where required.
BizClik Media Ltd
2 Guilders Way
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position