Editorial Assistant, FTC till end Nov 2018
Based in the heart of lively Notting Hill, we are an award winning global provider of legal content and information services. We create essential and unique information for our subscribers, who are drawn from over 100 countries around the world, via our global brands. With a strong platform for international growth, and a reputation for creating outstanding content, we can offer individuals an intellectually stimulating work environment that puts global legal issues at the heart of our business.
Experience what it's like to work at a busy global independent publisher of legal research and analysis, with impact in a number of key areas of business law. We have an exciting fixed term contract opportunity to work within our busy production team, helping ensure processes run smoothly.
The editorial assistant is client facing, working with multiple authors from around the world, managing key client relationships and performing a range of duties necessary to ensure the portfolio of print and online publications are published on schedule.
What you would be doing:
- Liaising with contributors to ensure copy is received in a timely fashion, setting deadlines, sending reminders of due dates and chasing late copy.
- Working closely with the production team to ensure copy is edited, amended and finalised in time for publication.
- Collaborating with internal departments involved in the publication process.
- Organising and managing workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Dealing with phone and email enquiries.
- Reporting, filing, diary management and other key administrative tasks.
- Identifying and communicating potential procedural issues.
- Uploading text and images to websites using a content management system.
- General maintenance and editing of online content.
What are we looking for?
- An interest in pursuing a career in publishing
- Project management skills
- Deadline driven
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft office, Excel and Access
In return we can offer you a rewarding career with personal and professional development in addition to a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes 25 days holiday, private healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme, season ticket loan and gym membership.
If you have an interest in publishing and are looking for a fast-paced editorial role, please send your CV and cover letter explaining why why you want to pursue a career within publishing via the link below. We look forward to receiving your application.
We support a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace, and welcome applications from different backgrounds.