The Grow Your Own editorial team is looking for an enthusiastic and efficient editorial assistant to help produce the UK's best-selling kitchen garden magazine.
Responsibilities will include:
- Researching and writing news and features, as well as liaising with contributors and conducting interviews with industry experts
- Writing regularly for our blog and managing GYO's social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Dealing with and responding to reader queries and letters
- Subbing and proofing features from our external contributors
- Making changes to pages in our design studio, and putting forward design layout ideas
- Occasional attendance at consumer and trade shows
The successful candidate will:
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Hit deadlines with ease
- Be highly organised and adaptable
- Have an excellent grasp of English grammar
- Have brilliant communication skills
- Be highly creative
- Have a strong understanding of social media
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
You will report to the Deputy Editor.
Does this sound like it could be the job for you? Get in touch now.
To apply, please submit a covering letter and CV to Laura Hillier at email@example.com
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position