Haymarket Network is looking to fill a full-time role on our Volkswagen Group contract based in the client’s office in Milton Keynes. We build and run Volkswagen groups main communication channel to its retailers handling everything from the latest models to minor specification updates.
It’s a busy environment and you’ll be expected to turn your hand to a variety of tasks including writing stories, applying journalistic principles to business-critical communications, looking after a retailer database and attending meetings with different departments in the brand. In return we will provide full editorial training with one of Britain’s biggest media groups and the chance to develop a rewarding editorial career.
You’ll be reporting to the Volkswagen Group editor who will train and support you, while you work with a wider team of experienced editors on different projects.
A typical day will include:
- Writing articles and building web pages: working closely with the client you’ll write concise, engaging articles on all aspects of their business and upload them to our CMS
- Database updates: managing Volkswagen retailer database
- Web analysis: using our dashboard to monitor hot topics and client engagement
About you – desired skills and experience
We're looking for people with:
- A degree in journalism or English
- Previous internships/work experience
- The ability to multi-task – efficiently manage your own workload and respond well to challenges
- Strong written and communication skills with an eye for detail
- Digital experience (eg using CMS/Wordpress)
- Ability to follow a digital news process
- Interest in cars (a bonus, but not essential)
- Most importantly, an aptitude to work as a team player
How to apply:
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position