NOTE: This role is a six-month full-time contract for applicants able to start working in central London from April 2019.
TO APPLY: Please send your CV and x2 writing examples to: email@example.com
If you are short-listed for this position, you will be asked to complete a short writing task before being invited for an interview.
We’re on the hunt for an energetic and talented editorial assistant for a growing business education news website: BusinessBecause.com.
Candidates will be educated to degree level with exceptional English language skills and keen to pursue a career in writing, editing, and digital media. You will have access to our strong network of journalists, entrepreneurs and business leaders for your future career development.
With a growing, start-up orientated team, this really is a fantastic opportunity to assume responsibilities from the start, and gain experience that you just won’t get in other bigger organisations.
Previous interns have gone on to land full-time roles at BusinessBecause as well as writing positions at publishers like The Financial Times and Bloomberg.
- Work with the BusinessBecause Editor to suggest suitable sponsored content story ideas for our business school clients (you will be allocated a list of school clients to personally ‘manage’ their editorial plans)
- Research and write exciting sponsored and non-sponsor editorial across a wide range of topics, from career success stories to global business trends to funny ‘top tips’ – intelligent content for our global audience of young, smart business professionals
- Proactively manage several social media channels, finding the best ways to post our own content as well as engaging ‘influencers’ to participate in our editorial and promote BusinessBecause
- Use Search-Engine-Optimisation tools to identify keywords to build SEO-targeted stories and categories and help to generate referral backlinks for these keywords from other sites
- Check weekly traffic and registration stats for BusinessBecause, understanding which news content and landing pages are attracting the highest number of readers and ‘converting’ people to register – and replicate the best techniques
- Compile useful guides and resources for our readers and clients, such as ‘The 2019 Guide to Getting an MBA Scholarship’ or ’10 European MBA Applicants Share Their Application Journey”
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- A native English speaker with excellent writing skills – concise, punchy prose and have impeccable grammar
- Academically strong with a degree from a top university
- Organised and effective in managing deadlines and workload, with a polite and clear communication style
- Experienced in social media – you’ll ensure that content and stories spread across our target audience
- Full of initiative and able to come up with solutions (e.g. when schools want fresh ideas for editorial or when we’re struggling to attract MBA applicants from certain geographies to read our content)
- Ambitious and driven to contribute to a tight team with big goals
BusinessBecause.com was launched as the first global news and networking site for MBAs, now with 40,000+ members and 100,000+ monthly readership, BusinessBecause.com works with some of the world’s leading business schools including Stanford, Birmingham Business School and HEC Paris.
You’ll report to the BusinessBecause Editor and will have regular contact with the managing director of the business, and our contributors around the world. We’re a fun, no-nonsense organisation with flexible working style – but with a lot of challenge and responsibility.
This is an exciting time to join BusinessBecause as we are growing rapidly, having recently been acquired by a major organisation in the higher education space. We look forward to your applications!
20 Jerusalem Passage
Tel: 020804 93301
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position