The written word is at the heart of what we do. We own two media brands A Word About Wind (AWAW) and Energy Storage Report (ESR), each distributing a mix of premium, and freemium, weekly news and insight to a growing audience.
We regularly publish interviews with business leaders in their respective sectors and support this written analysis with live interviews that form part of our parent company's programme of events (held both virtual and in-person), most notably the Financing Wind conference series and the Wind Investment Awards programme.
We also publish regular media-branded special reports, including, over the past six months, the Legal Power List 2020 and our inaugural Salary Benchmarking Index for wind industry professionals. In December, we will publish the Green Fund Power List 2020.
This media content forms a key part of our active and growing membership programme.
Finally, we provide an internal copywriting and editorial content service to support new and existing Tamarindo Group clients with compelling and insightful marketing content.
Throughout 2020 we have proved beyond question that there is an opportunity for Tamarindo Group to sell more editorial and content services to external clients. We also head into 2021 with a busy timetable of projects to work on for our internal clients.
The time has come to expand our team of professional writers.
Reporting to Richard Heap, editorial and content lead, the editorial and content writer will be expected to get involved in all forms of writing as outlined above.
The successful candidate should expect to head straight for the deep end, generating news and editorial content for our media brands and supporting our internal clients from day one. Soon thereafter the candidate will be expected to take the reins on longer form writing projects, whether editorial-led special reports or client-led reports and white papers.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Researching, writing and editing news analysis pieces each week
- Interviewing leading individuals in the renewable energy industry
- Managing news flow for our AWAW and ESR social channels
- Supporting editing and production of AWAW and ESR editions
- Contributing articles and other copy for our Power List reports
- Taking on other Tamarindo Insight client projects as required
- Contributing ideas to shape our face-to-face and virtual events
- Being a face of the brands on social media and at events
- Supporting colleagues across Tamarindo on ad hoc projects
Key skills and attributes
- A proven writer in a professional setting, with four or more years of experience
- Previous exposure to newsroom and longer form editorial copy a must
- Experience of commercial content writing a bonus
- Experience of event and membership marketing a bonus
- An eye for news and an ability to spot emerging trends early
- An engaging and insightful interview style
- A capable plate-spinner, at ease working on multiple projects at any one time, at ease meeting tight deadlines
Tamarindo Group's mission is to accelerate the global adoption of renewable energy and clean technology through better communications and stronger networks.
We do this by giving industry players, from established leaders to fast-growth pioneers, both voice and stage.
We are specialists, with a global outlook, and a network of contacts that spans the entire sector. We have outlined what these three elements really mean to us and to our growing client base at www.tamarindogroup.com.
Our aim is to become the long-term communications and marketing partner for current and future renewable energy and clean technology leaders.
Our people are driven by being on the right side of history in the race to decarbonise. We believe emphatically that supporting the sector with better communications and stronger networks will accelerate this end.
At Tamarindo Group we are driven and guided by our values and we actively use these to recruit and manage and empower our team. At Tamarindo Group, we…
- ...are dedicated to the sector we serve and believe we can help it succeed
- ...are ambitious for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves
- ...balance tenacity and pride in our work with a life beyond the office
- …value integrity above all else, striving to earn and retain the trust of our customers and colleagues
- …celebrate originality by first listening to our customers and colleagues, understanding their perspectives, and then thinking for ourselves
Location, remuneration and benefits
This is being advertised as a full-time role, permanent, following a period of probation. That said, we would be happy to consider candidates seeking to work a fixed four-day week.
In normal times, the successful candidate would be expected to work from our modern, central Oxford office for a least three days a week. Our office hours are 9am to 5.30 pm.
We offer 25 days' annual leave, a healthy work/life balance and access to the company pension scheme.
The salary for this role is competitive and subject to experience.
We are inviting prospective candidates to indicate their interest in the role either directly via our careers site, by 30 November 2020. Access our careers site here - https://tamarindo-group.breezy.hr/
Interviews will be conducted in December 2020, with a view to the successful candidate joining the business early in Q1 2021.
Please note that due to the sheer volume of applicants, we can only consider prospective candidates who apply through our careers site portal. Good luck!
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position