Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
This key strategic role encompasses leadership of large market reporting teams consisting of around 50 staff covering a range of commodities including crude oil, refined products, biofuels, LPG, petrochemicals, freight, and German downstream oil markets.
The editorial manager will work closely with the managing editor and other members of the London leadership team on editorial direction and ensuring that Argus product offerings are tailored to market needs and that opportunities for indexation of Argus assessments are captured. The individual will coordinate with peers in other regions to deliver news, marker reporting and analysis output globally.
- Manage London-based editorial team of 50+ full time staff
- Ensure clear editorial direction for range of daily & weekly market reports
- Work with managing editor to ensure that IOSCO PRA Principles (and any future regulation) are applied to all Argus’ price reporting activities
- Oversee consistent high-quality hiring of all editorial staff
- Drive news output and work with managing editor to set clear, measurable objectives for content
- Ensure appropriate development of editorial teams through training and coaching
- Ensure that editorial teams are closely aligned with business objectives to ensure that benchmark price assessments evolve appropriately and indexation opportunities are captured
- Actively manage engagement between editorial and commercial/product teams/business development to ensure editorial products meet the needs of customers and markets.
- Oversee the launch of new products and any re-launch processes of existing products
- Ensure editorial teams work closely with sales, marketing business development, consulting and conference teams
- Effectively deputise for managing editor in periods of absence
- Drive market engagement of the editorial teams and provide guidance and planning of market outreach
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience of managing market reporting teams within a Price Reporting Agency (PRA)
- Extensive experience in delivering breaking news, insightful market reports, and in-depth analytical articles
- Expertise in editorial processes including implementing and managing Quality Control and Editorial Standards
- Understanding of price reporting methodology and compliance issues
- Proven leadership of editorial staff and editorial processes
- A strong understanding of market supply and demand dynamics with extensive experience of reporting on commodity or financial markets
- Proven ability to hire high calibre candidates and develop editorial talent
- A sound grasp of commercial issues and an ability to evaluate strategic business proposals
About Argus Media:
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 23 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position