BDG is looking for a dynamic, experienced, and enthusiastic editorial manager to join the Bustle UK team.
Reporting to the executive editor, this is a hybrid role that would support both the editorial and sales teams, subject to briefs and existing projects.
A successful candidate will come to the role with a creative, cross-disciplinary skillset. You should be comfortable creating engaging content across a variety of verticals, whether it’s for day-to-day editorial or for an advertising client.
We are looking for a team worker who is agile, engaged, self-motivated, and able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the creative process, logistics, and desire to stay up to date with evolving consumer culture.
- Commission and edit news, features, and reported pieces - you should have experience editing both speedy news pieces as well as longer-form content
- Work with the Bustle UK editors to shape and refine day-to-day content
- Create and manage the workflow of assigning and editing features alongside the editorial team
- Recruit and build relationships with established writers and fresh voices alike
- See our branded content campaigns through from start to finish across advertiser categories such as fashion, beauty, FMCG, and more.
Responsibilities may include:
- Collaborating with planning and sales teams to ideate custom content campaigns in response to client requests (meetings or RFPs)
- Writing, assigning, and editing stories
- Sourcing and collaborating with external talent (influencers) on custom content for Bustle.com as well as social platforms (Instagram, TikTok, etc.)
- Overseeing branded photo and/or video shoots
- Concepting, capturing, and posting social-first content
- Working with US branded team and UK editorial team to develop best practices for branded content
- Ensure all ideas are packaged appropriately from a marketing and planning perspective, aligning with the needs of our brand partners
- Ideate new, never-been-done-before big ideas for advertisers to connect with our readers through innovative products, and custom executions, etc.
- Keep up with industry trends in branded content, including staying up-to-date on guidelines from Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, etc.
- Ensure that we are meeting client KPIs and deadlines from in execution phase
- Partner with audience teams and account management teams to ensure campaigns in progress are optimized; deliver learnings to wider revenue organisation
- 4+ years of experience editing content at a digital publication
- Demonstrated ability to assign relevant, thought-provoking stories that spark conversation
- Knack for identifying important stories before they break, and the flexibility to adjust to different workloads and priorities as required
- Self-starter as well as a team player who enjoys collaborating with others
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced digital newsroom
- Experience in branded content with a digital publisher
- Strategic and creative thinker with excellent verbal and written skills; ability to multi-task
- Provides proactive ideas on current audience trends
- Ability to communicate, monitor insights, and use data to enhance marketing offerings
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position