Barcroft Studios produces a series of hit digital shows which run across all the major digital platforms, amassing millions of views on Facebook, YouTube and Snapchat. The editorial team is responsible for finding and producing the stories that populate these series. We have millions of viewers across the globe and the purpose of this role is to find and produce the stories that will keep them coming back to our channel.
- Researching original, inspiring real-life stories that will appear in our hit series and resonate with Barcroft's young, passionate audience
- Producing these stories, seeing them through from the initial idea to a finished film
- Co-producing entire series runs of our shows, ensuring that every episode is compelling, surprising, and inspiring, and that each series features a wide range of stories and contributors
- Managing every step of the production of your stories - from pitching them, to writing, shooting and editing scripts and the final news copy that will accompany your story
- Pitching in new ideas that will keep our series refreshed and exciting. Providing exciting lists for every conference but also thinking about bigger ideas that could lead to new series launches
- Ensuring you hit both deadlines and production targets. We currently publish nine new episodes every week and have to hit, or exceed, our production targets
- Ensuring all paperwork is in place for every story - every contributor and location must be covered by a signed release form, saved to the story's job folder
- A passion for finding, and producing, previously untold amazing true stories.
- To be hugely organised and detail focused - you will be juggling a large number of stories at various stages of the production process.
- To be a team player with a strong desire to learn and develop.
- The drive to succeed in a hugely creative, but pressurised, environment.
- This job would be ideal for someone with a journalistic background who is looking to move into digital video production.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position