We are looking for a top-notch columnist to join our crack European team. This is an opportunity to set the agenda on corporate finance, banking, markets and government policy across the region.
Reuters Breakingviews has an unrivalled reputation for delivering clear, punchy and well-informed views for decision-makers around the world. As part of the global news organisation, we combine access to high-level contacts with the highest standards of independence and accuracy.
You will have a sophisticated understanding of companies and financial markets, razor-sharp analytical skills and the ability to slice through complex concepts to deliver lively and engaging arguments.
Though writing experience is a distinct advantage, deep curiosity about the inner workings of finance and a ready supply of original ideas are more important.
As EMEA columnist for Reuters Breakingviews, you will:
- Research and write punchy and original views on business and finance which set the agenda for our global subscribers.
- Develop and maintain contacts with senior executives, financiers, and policymakers.
- Present your ideas and research in fresh and interesting ways, including through arresting graphics.
- Work with our global team of columnists and editors to explore topical ideas and illuminate cross-border themes.
To be our EMEA columnist for Reuters Breakingviews, you will likely have:
- A firm understanding of how companies and financial markets work, and a grasp of the basic concepts of corporate finance.
- The ability to formulate strong, well-argued opinions under tight deadlines.
- A base of high-level contacts among corporate executives, bankers, investors, and policymakers.
- Experience of presenting your views to a sophisticated financial audience.
- The highest standards of editorial integrity and professionalism.
Please note, the deadline for application is Sunday 21 August 2022.
What is in it for you?
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning and development: On the job learning and coaching with an intensive training package. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits including paid volunteering days and a wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world's most important stories.
Reuters is the world's largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organisations, industry events and directly to consumers.
Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position