We are looking for a native English copywriter with a strong social media background to ideate and elevate ideas for a key client in Saudi Arabia.
You will help tell the story of a revolutionary development plan that harmonises urban living with nature. If you have experience working for ambitious clients and are keen to work as part of our global team, this job is perfect for you.
You will predominantly develop ideas and copy for a single client, spanning multiple industries . The goal is to achieve the best possible outcome for our social media and digital content ideas, to meet and exceed client expectations, and drive our growth.
Role and responsibilities
- As a copy Monk at Media.Monks, you wield words, wisdom and wit on behalf of top-name clients for the creative production of digital products, advertising and marketing content.
- As part of a dedicated team of Monks, you will be responsible for creating copy and content for one of our biggest clients in the Middle East, fleshing out a new brand and its offering across channels and markets.
- You will focus on social and digital content including website copy, PR collateral, content for video and/or display ads, alongside daily posts for social media networks.
- You will help shape the brand and its story across a variety of sectors that are covered by the client's ambitious plan - from ecology and tourism to technology and mobility.
- Your work will help to build company perception, capturing its mission and vision in compelling copy that attracts tourists, investors and employees alike.
- You will work with our Monks from all capabilities to create and execute comprehensive content strategies.
- You will use data-driven insights to tailored content across the entire user journey - from awareness campaigns to e-comm copy.
- In addition to all kinds of customer-facing digital content, you will also work with our pitch teams on exciting pitches and presentation decks.
- You will contribute to improving our workflows, best practices and client relationships across brands.
- Although most of your team will operate from within the Middle East, you will have the opportunity to work with multiple capabilities across time zones on future projects big and small.
- You will handle large-scale assignments as well as single lines of copy.
- In short, you will ensure that everything makes sense, is correct, consistent and meets the client's objectives - and even more specific expectations - through craft and creative excellence.
Become our first copywriter in the Middle East
With offices around the world and 4,000+ Monks and counting, we are leading the industry through integrated teams who create awesome work with relevance, purpose and scale.
As part of this global community, you will have incredible colleagues from all parts of the world to critique copy, collaborate on best practices, and confer about comma conundrums. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Media.Monks believes in equal-opportunity employment and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your application with a custom cover letter tailored to the position.
The perfect candidate does not exist, but you might be just who we ar e looking for.
- We are looking for 5+ years of copywriting experience working at a high international level and a background in journalism (or prior editorial experience).
- You are able to write impeccable copy, but also craft compelling stories and paint pictures with words.
- You can turn USPs into sharp, informative tidbits that spark readers' imagination.
- You are familiar with the digital marketing landscape and advertising culture on the Arabian Peninsula.
- You are familiar with the local and regional Arabic cultural scene, and how it translates through digital platforms and cultural material.
- You are experienced writing for different types of audiences: from the general public looking for an exciting destination to investors looking for a promising opportunity. You are as well-versed in creating casual copy as you are in developing formal copy for professional audiences.
- Your copy is clear and compelling: convincing without bullshit, cheesy puns or esoteric language (after all, the cognoscenti have no exigency for grandiloquence).
- Producing quality work out of detailed briefs and thin air alike, you create copy with clever lines and insights we can build on.
- Big projects do not scare you, and no task is too small for a well-written copy.
- You are in love with language and can strategically piece it together to form innovative, intelligent, and engaging digital content.
- With a proven ability to tackle the same topic from a variety of angles, you can produce alts and options for clients reviews and A/B tests like it’s ABC.
- Combining creative and critical thinking, your analytical approach means you ask the right questions and make sense of briefs from a strategic and conceptual perspective.
- You are comfortable presenting work to clients - always able to rationalise your choices and considerations to win people over with your words.
- You are the change you want to see in the word: you improve what is said, not just how.
- As part of a constructive feedback loop, you like sharing and solving critique on copy and concepts.
- Your attention to detail is close to annoying: typos, errors, inconsistencies and questionable punctuation marks have little chance of getting past your cursor.
- You are comfortable jumping in and out at any stage of a project - from first ideas to final words - delivering tight work even under tight deadlines.
- Having a great sense of personal responsibility, you are keen to learn and push yourself if that’s what it takes to make good great.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position