Why join the MoneySavingExpert.com team?
MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE) is the UK’s biggest consumer website. It provides millions of users with free, independent, editorially-led information about all things money. The goal for everyone working at MSE is simple – we’re dedicated to cutting consumer bills and fighting hard for financial justice for everyone. We get around 15m Money Savers to our website every month. Our weekly email is full of exclusive deals, tricks and MoneySaving guides, all aimed at helping people make the most of their cash. The MSE Forum is a lively and supportive community, with more than 1.5 million users taking part in 3 million discussions ranging from making the most of your credit card to good old-fashioned thrifty budgeting. In addition, our Cheap Energy Club takes the hard work out of switching energy and saving on energy bills while Credit Club is a great way of managing an array of financial decisions.
But what really makes MSE stand-out from the crowd is the editorial code, which lies at the heart of everything we do. Regardless of your role at MSE, it’s everybody’s job to champion the consumer - and that makes us a truly unique, exciting and rewarding place to work. If you are inspired by what we do or see yourself as a passionate consumer champion, and have the grit and enthusiasm along with the skills we seek, a career in MSE might just be the right career step you are looking for.
Why our role?
We are looking for a talented and experienced analyst to join the editorial team in our central London office, working within the energy & utilities team. The successful candidate will be (or become) an expert on topics including energy, broadband, TV packages, mobile phones and more.
In the main, you’ll be analysing products in the utilities and energy markets, and adding the best to MoneySavingExpert’s on-site guides and tools.
You’ll need to ensure the content in MSE’s guides, tools and weekly email is 100% accurate and up-to-date – that all product details are correct, all relevant products are included and all statements made in the guides, tools and email are factually accurate.
In addition, you’ll be expected to spend some time writing new guides or news stories, as well as pitching ideas and producing content for the MSE weekly email.
What will you be doing?
- Checking accuracy of product details in MoneySavingExpert guides, tools and the weekly email.
- Proactively sourcing and verifying information on new products that have entered the market. This will involve a mix of checking comparison websites, fielding calls from providers and proactively contacting providers regularly to ensure the information we display is most up to date and as comprehensive as it can possibly be.
- Uploading information on new and existing products to the website, ensuring 100% accuracy and reliability.
- Working closely with other writers to advise of market developments.
- Suggesting and implementing guide and tool restructures with the help of analytics where necessary to optimise content.
- Fact-checking guides to ensure that all factual statements are accurate, and the ‘Last Updated’ date is amended within the agreed timescale standard for each guide.
- Correctly prioritising workload to ensure all tariff updates are completed within deadlines/target timeframes.
- Fielding inbound emails from site users and other external stakeholders relating to the accuracy of information on the MSE website.
- Feeding into the calendar planning process to ensure a pipeline of relevant content for the website and weekly email.
- Keeping on top of market and industry changes and pitching news story ideas.
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Excellent analytical skills.
- High levels of accuracy.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- The ability to react quickly to market changes.
- Good communication skills.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines/targets.
- Strong evidence of effective time management / prioritisation skills.
- Flexible and adaptable approach.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the energy, telecoms and broadband markets.
- Familiarity with HTML.
- Experience of writing online.
Please be aware that, if you’re successful in securing this position, the offer will be subject to a range of colleague checks that may include: identity, right to work in the UK, credit, criminal record, references and, where relevant, professional qualifications.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position