We are looking for a creative, data-obsessed journalist who will act as the voice of our readers in The Northern Echo newsroom and help us build on our rapid audience growth across the region.
With bundles of energy and creativity, you will help set up new social media pages, develop new engagement projects across the North-East, take a lead in our newsletters strategy and help implement projects to grow registered users across the Great Daily of the North.
This is a new role and we are looking for someone who can put their own stamp on this exciting opportunity to ensure our readers are at the forefront of everything we do. Working closely with other newsroom leaders, you will develop new social media opportunities, lead on social media management and promotion, assist in SEO optimisation, help build promotion plans for exciting editorial projects, develop and curate newsletters and lead conversations with our readers.
What are we looking for?
- You will have NCTJ-accredited qualifications;
- You will need to be creative and energetic, with first rate social media skills and not be afraid the ability to put your mark on things;
- You will be comfortable designing and implementing new social media pages/communities and help develop plans to grow them;
- You will help develop a new newsletter strategy, curating new newsletters and lead conversations with new and existing users;
- You will design and implement exciting projects to grow registered users and subscribers.
How to apply:
If you feel this job is for you, please send your CV and covering letter, explaining why you are the right person for the job, to: Karl Holbrook, group editor firstname.lastname@example.org
The Northern Echo
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position