We are a leading global B2B and B2C media business with a diverse portfolio of media brands. The group has ambitious plans for audience development and growth in 2018 and beyond. The group has over seven million website visitors per month and 1,800 employees strategically located around the world. The role provides an exciting opportunity to help grow a collection of world-class B2C and B2B products.
Our brands include: EliteTraveler.com, Spearswms.com, Compelo.com and NewStatesman.com
We are looking for someone to lead our digital content and social media strategy and execution. The Engagement Editor will ensure that all sites deliver first-rate and innovative storytelling through proven digital techniques using analytics to inform content and deepen engagement. The role will ensure we attract a targeted audience through search, social, email and emerging direct digital reach efforts. Engaging and converting online readers to email subscribers, social followers or ad buyers, this role will maximise the group’s audience retention rate for newsletters, social communities, strong website metrics.
Key Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Work towards hitting an agreed set of traffic and audience targets
- Support the editorial teams with research on keywords and content to reach traffic objectives
- SEO best practice, social media monitoring and other platforms (e.g. Apple News)
- Manage the overall traffic and audience content plans, continually refining the plan depending on new insights and editorial opportunities
- Work with editorial teams to train and guide search and social media best practice
- Manage technical testing team and optimisation projects
- Train digital editorial teams on shaping stories to resonate with desired audiences, through effective headlines, content framing, primary publication platform and social amplification
- Monitor and analyse performance in major search engines, social and referrers and ensure online content is appropriately optimised
- Monitor and analyse performance on social media platforms
- Manage the overall traffic KPI team to support the monitoring of performance
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Proven experience in building large traffic and audiences
- An incredibly strong understanding of “content” and “technical” SEO
- Experience in digital analytics tools e.g. Google Analytics
- Ability to extract data using data warehouse and visualization tools like Google BigQuery
- Ability to grow audiences through social media and other communities
- Ambitious and proactive
Applicants must have come from a media company and must have previous experience in digital publishing.