We are really proud of our Live sites in the South West and we want to keep growing our audiences, building relationships and making a difference in our communities. We are looking for a social media and registration expert who can help us engage with those audiences across existing and emerging platforms.
So what will the role of an engagement producer be? We are looking for a skilled social media expert who will work across BristolLive, SomersetLive, GloucestershireLive and our other brands in the West country to act as the voice of our readers in our newsroom. Working as part of our audience engagement team, you’ll run our social media pages, set the tone in our newsletters and make sure readers know they can share their thoughts on our websites.
We are looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content.
This position will be home based. Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will ideally live local to this region, but this isn’t essential.
What will the role involve?
- Managing social media channels
- Curate newsletters and drive interest in newsletters
- Implement projects to grow registered users
- Find new ways to promote content off--platform and find new readers
Who are we looking for?
- Ideally, you will have NCTJ-accredited qualifications including news writing and media law
- You will need to be creative and energetic, with excellent social media savvy and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Experience of publishing via digital content management systems and video editing would be advantageous
- You will be comfortable working at pace and under deadline pressure
- You will also need to be flexible covering early and late shifts on a rota, including weekends
So, who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you.
What we can offer you
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free well-being apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Plus lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position