Do you want to work for the most exciting media company in the business, covering the best country in the world? The dailyrecord.co.uk is already the largest news website in Scotland and Glasgow Live and Edinburgh Live are the best-read titles in their cities - but we want to get even bigger. We are now launching Aberdeen Live and need journalists who are passionate about the city they live, work and play in.
As part of our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for an engagement producer to build relationships with new readers in Aberdeen. From creating engaging written and video content tailored to a digital audience to showcasing the great work that other members of the team produce, your job will be to reach a wider readership and deliver the news that matters most to them.
We are looking for candidates with excellent storytelling techniques, superb social media skills and a deep understanding of how to make content engaging.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this, the role may close without notice, so please do not delay in your application.
So, who are we?
The Daily Record is part of Reach Plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to Scotland and the UK's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers, from the Daily Record and Sunday Mail to the Scottish Daily Express, Glasgow Live, Edinburgh Live and OK!. We also own a huge number of regional titles across the UK such as the Paisley Daily Express, Ayrshire Post, Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more).
Our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Manage social media channels in accordance with Live network best practices and priorities
- Curate daily and niche newsletters, ensuring audiences are getting the biggest, newest and most relevant stories every time
- Implement projects to grow registered users
- Find new ways to promote content off-platform and find new readers
- Provide cover for audience editor (if experienced) or content writers as and when required
The ideal candidate
- Content writing experience, preferably as a reporter
- Strong people management skills - essential to get this job
- Digital publishing skills
- Social media skills
- Familiarity with analytical tools to understand how the audience behaves
- Proven track record for digital storytelling using video, words and pictures
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification
- Deep knowledge of media law
- Strong understanding of social media
- Evangelist for audience engagement
- Driving licence
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Plus lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position