It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for an experienced engagement producer to join us, working across our regional titles which include Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, My London, BirminghamLive and Wales Online.
This role exists to improve the user journeys through Reach's regional websites and promote best practice recirculation techniques within the group. As part of the central network team, you will be tasked with supporting our most read stories on the network by making sure visitors always have something brilliant to click through to.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please do not delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Taking responsibility for monitoring and growing recirculation and internal page view figures for Reach's sites
- Using software packages to monitor readers' journeys through our sites
- Fostering an understanding of what recirculation is and why it matters to the company among a wide range of editorial teams
- Developing relationships with individual editorial teams in order to help realise the group-wide target of the recirculation team
- Ensuring the recirculation team and wider Reach community are aware of and following best practice recirculation techniques
- Looking for new ways to innovate recirculation techniques within Reach PLC sites and working with the product team to realise new digital recirculation tools
- Ensuring the continued development of team members, supporting them to reach their full potential
- Acting as a role model and taking a lead on change initiatives to support the group’s strategy and our employees.
- Uphold Reach's policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non-discrimination are upheld in everything we publish.
The ideal candidate
- A strong writing background
- Proven digital skills including experience of using a content management system plus a familiarity with read mores, grids, hyperlinks
- Familiarity with analytical tools to understand how the audience is behaving
- Imagination - can you put yourself in the shoes of our readers?
- Proven track record for digital storytelling using video, words and pictures
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification but will consider candidates working towards NCTJ or equivalent qualification
We are offering a competitive salary of up to £25k and benefits including:
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position