Reuters is looking for a prolific scoop-getter to cover investment banking across Europe.
Volatile markets, geopolitical uncertainty and the rising interest rate environment are posing some unique challenges for investment banking.
The role, a senior reporting job within the global finance and markets team, will work closely with banking, M&A and markets reporters across the world to break news and report insightful stories about how the industry and its clients navigate these challenges.
The position will be based in London and report directly to the editor for finance and markets in Europe.
About the role
As our European investment banking correspondent, you will:
- Break news and lead deeper dives into the investment banking business at major global banks
- Collaborate with M&A, banking and markets reporters to write authoritative stories about the industry
- Leverage sources on major finance and markets stories to break news and lead deeper dives
- Identify and pursue reporting areas that warrant further investigations into the industry
To be our European investment banking correspondent, you will likely have:
- Deep understanding of the financial industry, including corporate finance
- A large book of contacts in financial services and markets in Europe
- A track record of delivering a file of scoops and enterprise pieces
- A strong work ethic, proven team spirit and excellent writing skills
- Fluency in English is essential, proficiency in other European languages an advantage
Please note, the deadline for applications is Sunday 3 July 2022.
What is in it for you
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning and development: On the job learning and coaching. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits including paid volunteering days
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world's most important stories.
Reuters is the world's largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in more thant 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organisations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position