MailOnline, the world's largest English-language newspaper website with over 220 million monthly unique visitors, is looking for experienced and talented news editors to join the London team.
The role encompasses the management of news production and assisting with page editing and news gathering.
In particular, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing the quality and output of news in alignment with the 24-hour news operation of MailOnline, and in accordance with the editorial objectives set by the Editor and the UK News Editor.
A strong track record of breaking news, news gathering, headline writing, editing, and managing a team is essential, together with an understanding of digital 24-hour news and the processes and pressures that come with operating in this environment.
Prior daily regional or national newsroom experience is essential for this office-based role.
Outstanding candidates should also be able to balance editorial objectives in a fast-paced news environment. Previous experience in managing reporters, news editing and publishing is essential.
- Direct, develop and maintain the quality and output of rolling, 24-hour, digital news
- Ability to write strong headlines and captions
- Keen eye for photographs
- Establish a strong production process, manage breaking news and identify content that engages our readership
- Flexibility regarding shift patterns
- NQJ/NCE or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of analytics and readership trends to help curate the site
- Understanding of legal covenants and editorial guidelines in the UK and globally
- Monitor news sources including wires services and social media
Competitive salary and staff benefits including company pension scheme.
The above list is not exhaustive and constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. Out of hours availability and a high level of adaptability are essential.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org