Known as the fashion industry’s “bible”, Drapers helps businesses future proof in an industry currently experiencing great disruption and change – including in-depth analysis of the latest product innovations and trends across digital, print and our events portfolio.
We bring our audience unparalleled insight into the business of fashion, by travelling across the UK and Europe to cover the key fashion and textile events, including trade shows, fashion weeks and launches from a uniquely commercial perspective, reporting on the sector from the high street to luxury brands.
As well as product reports, this include interviewing top-level business leaders, buyers and designers, and the role will include strategising, writing and editing features covering the breadth of the sector.
The fashion editor will also lead the production of a series of seasonal special reports and buying guides on various sectors of the fashion industry, including menswear, womenswear and footwear, which include creative editorial photo shoots featuring the Drapers’ edit of new season trends and must-stock key items – helping senior buying decision makers know what to bet on for each new season.
We are looking for someone with at least three years’ experience of both writing fashion features and leading creative photo-shoots to join us as fashion editor. This may suit someone already in a fashion editor role, or a senior fashion writer/stylist ready to take the next step in their career. A Wikipedia-like knowledge of the fashion retail industry and a creative-yet-commercial mind are vital.
- Oversee the production of all fashion content, including fashion features, interviews, brand profiles and trend analysis
- Ensure the fashion features section covers a breadth of sectors and determine which subjects should be covered, in what depth
- Manage, style and lead the creative direction on all seasonal special editions and editorial photoshoots. This includes managing concepts, production, budget and execution
- Manage all catwalk coverage, including trend analysis
- Manage the seasonal trade show strategy and coverage
- Work closely with the art and production team to ensure all content is presented to the highest standard, coming up with new design and layout ideas across print and digital
- Contribute ideas and create content for the wider brand, including news and fashion business features
If you are interested in above vacancy, please click the "APPLY ONLINE" button below, including your notice period and salary expectations.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position