New Model Adviser
The role and the team
The award winning New Model Adviser® magazine and website is looking for a Features Editor. You will join a very friendly and lively team who work literally shoulder to shoulder. Can you see yourself working with us? Have a look at who we are HERE
The team is highly collaborative, both within itself and with the other talent and resources Citywire has available. There is a supportive ethos within the team and we will usually socialise together after press days.
The publication competes hard with its rivals, looking to break news first and land the biggest stories, but also lead the way with a raft of other features content.
Our audience comprises a number of different roles within the financial planning profession, as well as assisted industries such as pensions and asset management. The features editor’s job is to plan, commission and often write content that drills down into the world our readers inhabit. That could be anything from helping readers achieve their professional development goals, best practice for running a business and how to relate to clients, as well as getting into the detail of investment, funds and portfolios.
Successful NMA journalists have joined with both experienced backgrounds and raw abilities. It is important everyone is open to new ideas and willing to work together. That might mean doing some boring tasks as well as the most exciting.
When you join us you will…
- Help commission and edit for our weekly award-winning New Model Adviser® magazine and website;
- Work alongside the other editors helping plan ahead and steer the publication.
- Help deliver profiles of advisers and their businesses, with input into photoshoots, design and what the cover of the magazine will look like week on week;
- Cover selected industry events and help contribute to audience conferences;
- Build and maintain a strong network of contacts, and get to know our audience really well;
- Be asked to generate ideas and help develop other people’s work, and you will be helped getting your own projects off the ground;
- And your work will span all things related to financial advice, including investment, pensions, tax, regulation and business, as well as the people with in the profession.
Some things it would be good to have:
- Experience working in magazines or the trade press.
- It is important that you can work to deadlines and can thrive under the pressure of pages going to press throughout the week.
- Background in commissioning editorial and working with journalists and other contributors (such as industry experts or members of the readership).
- If your experience does not match the first two we would still be very interested in anyone with a background in editorial, including subediting, who this role appeals to.
- Knowledge of the UK financial services landscape would also be a plus.
Citywire will offer you:
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays,
- Competitive private pension scheme,
- Access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme,
- Subsidised gym options.
- Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans.
- Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12, 24 or 36 months and make a National Insurance saving too.
After two years continuous service you will also have access to private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs workout sessions during lunchtime twice a week in the park, a masseuse who visits every month, as well as freshly ground coffee, fruit, breakfast and nuts to help yourself to daily.
Please do not miss our latest company video and Youtube channel where we say a lot about us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgYBEKicRU
We are an inclusive organisation and actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential.
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position