The digital edition of the award-winning current affairs magazine The Week is looking for a features writer to join our friendly team. Like our sister print publications, The Week’s website cherry-picks the best news articles, features and opinion pieces from media outlets across the globe and weaves them together into bite-sized digests and comprehensive briefings. A new range of web, app and online features are under development and will be a key responsibility for the new Features Writer.
What you will be doing...
The features writer will be responsible for:
- Writing culture and lifestyle features for The Week's UK website and newsletters. These will be a mix of original content and digests of other reviews and features, compiled in The Week's signature style
- Commissioning and editing freelance writers and reviewers
- Uploading some stories from The Week magazine to complement the digital team's output
- Working with other writers and editors across The Week's news and features team
- There are also opportunities to take part in our award-winning podcast, The Week Unwrapped
Experience that will put you ahead of the curve...
- Excellent writing, proofreading and organisational skills
- A broad interest in culture and lifestyle journalism. Specialist knowledge of one or two subjects within this area (eg food, film, fashion, travel etc) would be an advantage
- Capable of meeting tight deadlines and juggling multiple tasks
- You should be familiar with The Week’s approach to news and features and have a good sense of what will interest our readers
- Three to five years of relevant work experience, ideally including digital features journalism
- NCTJ or equivalent journalism degree preferred
- Experience in using content management systems would be beneficial
What's in it for you…
We have a number of awesome perks available to our staff. We offer huge opportunities to learn and develop, whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch and learns, hosted by your colleagues. We have a fantastic culture where we really do care about our people and want everyone to succeed. Varied roles mean you are not pigeonholed in to one finite area but get the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and experience
And to top it all off, not only do we offer unlimited holiday because we trust you to manage your workload and time but we also offer a share in our success whereby every colleague is eligible to join our profit pool bonus scheme - if Future hits their performance targets all colleagues may receive a bonus.
The expected range for this role is £26,000 - £30,000
This is a hybrid role from our London Office, working three days from the office, two from home
Who are we?
We are Future. We are 3000+ colleagues over 250+ brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We have got ambitious plans that build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities and we are looking for talented people who want to be a part of it.
Our Future, Our Responsibility - Inclusion and Diversity at Future
We have a voice and we are going to use it. We promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do. We’re an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process is free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respecting of all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values and employees - current and future - are treated with respect and fairness.
Please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made so we can give you the best experience!
Find out more about Our Future, Our Responsibility on our website.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position