We are currently recruiting an experienced, talented and enthusiastic features writer to join our team on a freelance basis. You will write engaging financial content with mass market appeal to be shared across multiple geographic locations.
We are looking for someone who can produce one piece of thoroughly researched content per week. We expect that each piece would take several days and value detail and quality over speed.
Key tasks include:
- Researching and discovering relevant data and reports on sites like Statista, YouGov, Google Trends or other sources
- Finding, deciphering and analysing discovered data and reports to produce stories and create compelling insights to be used as thought leading and features pieces that the world cares about
- Highlight key data and then turning this into an angle that can be shared widely online
- Write up content to be published on the website including the creation of graph content and visualisation of content
- Identify new sources of data and pitch new ideas for data-led work which could support our coverage
- Be able to produce content that has a hook and will be widely shared online
- Experience in taking existing data from financial and large scale surveys and reports to craft well written feature pieces
- Direct experience in writing about financial products for mass market appeal
- Ability to work independently to come up with briefs
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position