Europe's financial services industry, still recovering from the credit crisis a decade ago, is now grappling with Brexit, the MiFID regulatory regime and technologies ranging from blockchain to AI.
Bloomberg's European finance team is looking for an experienced editor with a track record of helping reporters break news and shape agenda-setting stories full of insight and context. This role can be in Frankfurt, Zurich, or Brussels.
We'll trust you to:
- Take breaking news from the initial headlines to fully blow, agenda-setting follow up and analysis
- Work with reporters to break news and develop their ideas into both short- and long-form stories (including graphics)
- Bring your own ideas for stories that are relevant to discerning readers in Europe and around the world
- Coach reporters, helping to shape ideas and develop projects for all of our platforms
- Advocate for our readers, ensuring that stories are told in the most appropriate and creative format
You'll need to have:
- Extensive experience in business and financial journalism, mostly as an editor
- A bachelor's degree
- A proven ability to handle high-pressure breaking news with speed and accuracy while staying cool and supportive of the reporters
- A willingness to adapt to change and support innovation
We'd love to see:
- Local language skills
- Experience working with reporters in different cities
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
How to apply:
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below